ABOUT HIFZA MUSA
Hifza Musa is seeking nomination for the liberal party in 2018 Provincial Elections. Her goal is to bridge gaps between communities and government through open communication inclusiveness and mutual respect.
Hifza Musa is a 37 year old woman, married to Muhammad Musa and a mother of two children, Ammatullah and Fazal Ahmed. She has a bachelors degree in science from Punjab University in Lahore, Pakistan. She immigrated to Canada 17 years ago, with bright ideas and hope; however, like any other immigrant she went through hardships of settling in a new country. There were many sleepless nights and worrying over money. Her husband used to work 18 hours days, while she used to work night shifts at Mcdonalds. Slowly the couple build their lives and had their babies and settled in her new role as a mother and stay at home mom. After her children were few years old, she joined the professional world through the real estate industry. Today, she is
running her own business with Century 21, as a real estate agent.
In the meantime, Hifza Musa learned the importance of giving back to the community. She has been consistently doing community services for more than a decade on both social and political spectrum. She has played a key role in social welfare programs across communities of all ages and diverse ethnic backgrounds. On the other hand, she has played a vital role in various political campaigns across
Mississauga, at all levels of government.
She strongly advocates social cohesion, respect for
diversity, equality and is a prime example of grass root
participation herself. Her experiences and accomplishments have placed her in a unique position of bridging the gaps between local communities at all levels of government.
Hifza Musa & Family
– For over a decade, she has volunteered and raised funds for different projects of the foundation.
– Volunteer at the streetsville legion, providing help and support during various programs held throughout the year.
– Active volunteer with the community center providing counselling and settlement guidance to the newcomers.
– Actively involved in Mississauga West 50th Project Ridgeway Community Council and Annual Ribfest 2016.
– Currently an active board member and previously served as a Chair person for Pakistan Pavilion 2016.
– Vice President of the club, and also served as a co-ordinator for seniors and women empowerment programs.
– Ambassador for the council’s various charity projects in 2015 – 2016, raising awareness on different art projects and raising funds to cover the costs for artists.
– Chairperson and recognized for her support for women empowerment.
– Co-chairperson for the event and responsible for raising funds to support various art projects.
– Responsible for a team of volunteers in providing food for the homeless and underpoverished families, through “Meals and Wheels program”.
Federal Liberal Riding Association’s general secretary for Mississauga Erin Mills.
Provincial Liberal Riding Association’s Director-Outreach for Mississauga Erin Mills.
Nomination Election for Party Leader Rana Bokhari’s Campaign in Manitoba Provincial Elections, 2016
MP Iqra Khalid’s Campaign, Mississauga-Erinmills, 2015
MP Peter Fonseca Campaign, Mississauga-East Cooksville, 2015
MP Peter Fonseca Nomination Campaign, 2014
MP Iqra Khalid Nomination Campaign, 2014
MPP Harinder Thakkar’s Campaign, Mississauga-Erindale, 2014, 2011, 2007 and 2003
MPP Peter Fonseca’s Campaign, Mississauga-East Cooksville, 2014, 2011, 2007 and 2003
MPP Dr. Shafiq Qadri’s Campaign, Etobicoke-North, 2011, 2007, 2003
Councillor Matt Mahoney’s Campaign for Ward 8 in 2014
Councillor Chris Fonseca’s Campaign for Ward 3 in 2010 and 2014
Councillor Katie Mahoney’s Campaign for Ward 8 in 2006 and 2010